- This event has passed.
Hydrogen, taking stock of the “Fit for 55”
September 16 @ 10:00 - 12:30
This meeting is under Chatham House Rules,
This new work stream aims to bring together stakeholders, including policymakers and industry on a regular basis to discuss substantive issues around this topic, informed by original intellectual input from ERCST.
This meeting will take stock of the main hydrogen legislative developments proposed in the “Fit for 55” package.
The current hydrogen regulation and policy is scattered over gas, electricity, fuels, emissions, industry, transport, heating etc. with a considerable level of uncertainty about where (in which pieces of legislation) and how key issues will be addressed.
This meeting will specially look at:
- Main changes and regulatory developments introduced in the “Fit for 55” package.
- What key issues for the development of a hydrogen economy have not been addressed in the proposals and where are they expected.
- The additionality principle for renewable hydrogen.
- A. Marcu, Director of ERCST
10:05 Key regulatory developments and missing pieces
- A. Fernandez, ERCST
10:15 Delivering the EU Green Deal impact on hydrogen
- J. Chatzimarkakis, Hydrogen Europe
- O. Imbault, ERCST
Key regulatory developments and missing pieces
- R. Kempener, European Commission
- E. Perret, EdF
- D. Herrero, Fertiberia
- B. McWilliams, Bruegel
- B. Nienaltowski, Eurofer
11:25 First round of discussions and Q&A
11:45 Additionality principle for renewable hydrogen
- I. Lang, BASF
- B. Malvault, Wind Europe
12:10 Second round of discussions and Q&A
12:30 End of the meeting
20210916 Agenda v8
- October 13 @ 10:00 - 12:00
- October 6 @ 10:00 - 15:00
- September 29 @ 14:00 - 16:00