European Roundtable on Climate Change
and Sustainable Transition
- Article 6 Library Find out more
- European Commission's Proposals - 14 of July 2021
- State of the European Green Deal – The process of making Europe Fit for 55 Download
- ERCST hydrogen paper in preparation for the “Fit for 55”: Identifying key issues and questions Download
- ETS Review in the Fit for 55 Package Watch
- EU CBAM Proposal in the Fit for 55 Package Watch
- EU-Turkey Climate Policy Dialogue Watch
- Discussion with the SBSTA Chair, T. Mpanu Mpanu: after May-June 2021 UNFCCC negotiation session Watch
- Article 6 Community Center - Update on Article 6: after the June 2021 UNFCCC negotiations session Watch
Impact on Households of the Inclusion of Transport and Residential Buildings in the EU ETS
This work describes the impact on EU households’ budgets of applying carbon pricing to the transport and residential building sectors. We analyse different scenarios and, based on the results, suggest mitigating policies that can shield the poorest households that cannot afford to invest in new low-carbon technologies and solutions.
The aluminium value chain and implications for CBAM design
this paper demonstrates how the application a CBAM only on primary aluminium would lead to higher costs for downstream producers, either incentivizing the relocation of that production outside Europe, or increasing imports of products at the next step in the value chain.