- This event has passed.
Hydrogen: needs and reality
June 16 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This new work stream aims to bring together stakeholders, including policymakers and industry on a regular basis to discuss substantive issues around this topic, informed by original intellectual input from ERCST.
This meeting will be opened to the public and will examine under greater depth key discussion issues identified by ERCST that need further discussion and clarification:
- What can be expected in the “Fit for 55” for hydrogen?
- Do we need a binding classification for hydrogen production processes, why and based on what?
- What is the role of the technology neutrality principle in the deployment of a hydrogen economy?
- What are the best ways to incentivize hydrogen demand with a special focus on the hard-to-abate sectors? Should incentives be placed on the demand or the supply side of the market? Are CCfD the right tool?
- A. Marcu, Director of ERCST
10:10 Policy developments key issues and questions
- A. Fernández, ERCST
10:20 Opening intervention
- U. Benterbusch, German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- O. Imbault, ERCST
- M. Labatut, EdF
- M. Deutsch, Agora Energiewende
- N. Rega, CEFIC
12:00 Concluding remarks and end of meeting.
There are no upcoming related events