- This event has passed.
State of the European Green Deal: Taking Stock of the European Council
27 27+01:00 May 27+01:00 2021 @ 14:00 - 16:00
This meeting is part of a continuous series organized by ERCST on the European Green Deal, which started on 8 January 2020 right after the European Commission’s EGD was announced. This work stream aims to bring together policymakers and stakeholders on a regular basis to take stock on recent developments in the EGD framework. In June the European Commission is expected to roll out 12 policy proposals as part of its “Fit for 55 package”.
- The outcome of European Climate Law negotiations: Climate Law negotiators reached an agreement on April 21st, just one day before the US Leadership Summit. The final adoption in the Council and the Parliament is on the way. This session will examine key elements of the agreement, as well as highlevel EU and International climate developments, including the outcomes of the extraordinary European Council scheduled for May 25th and possible transatlantic cooperation on the climate issues after the US summit.
- EGD state of play: This session will look at recent policy developments in the framework of the EGD (i.e. sustainable finance package, hydrogen and industrial strategy) as well as at key elements of the first part of the “fit for 55 package” expected for the end of June. (i.e. revision of the ETS Directive, ESR, Renewable and Energy Efficiency Directives)
14:00 Welcome and introduction
15:10 Q&A and Debate
- A. Marcu, Director of ERCST
14:10 Outcomes of the Climate Law negotiations and EGD State of Play
- Luca de Carli, DG CLIMA
- Nils Torvalds, MEP Envi Renew
- Pavel Zamyslicky, Czech Republic
- Janja Pevec Živkovič, Slovenia
15:10 Q&A and Debate
15:30 Concluding remarks
ERCST presentation – EGD
ERCST Side Event at Bonn Climate Change Conference – Mobilizing Private Investments: The Role of the Private Sector and Carbon Markets in the GSTJune 9 @ 16:45 - 18:00
EU Climate Policy & Electricity MarketJune 27 @ 14:30 - 16:30
The paths to decarbonized and sustainable transport – Discussing ENVI position on the European Commission proposal strengthening the CO2 standards for heavy-duty vehiclesJune 29 @ 15:00 - 17:00
International Townhall on operationalising CBAM volume 1July 6 @ 14:00 - 16:00
The EU Hydrogen Market: Fit for investments?May 31 @ 14:30 - 16:30
I4C 2023: CCUS in the net-zero transitionMay 24 @ 11:45 - 12:35
EU Climate Policy & Electricity Market DesignMay 17 @ 14:30 - 16:30