The State of the European Green Deal: taking stock of the “Fit for 55”
September 28 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This meeting is part of a continuous series organized by ERCST on the European Green Deal, which started in 2020 right after the European Commission’s EGD was announced. This work stream aims to bring together policymakers and stakeholders on a regular basis to take stock on recent developments in the EGD framework.
The European Green Deal is aproaching a key point in time where the shift from strategy to delivery is undeniable. On July 14th the European Commission is expected to publish a set of initiatives which will impact allmost all economy sectors and parts of society. The porpuse of this meeting is to react to the packege from different angles.
- First, we will look at the reactions and main takeaways from think tanks and academia;
- Second, we will ask the industry to identify key highlights and to react to the package;
- Third, we will assess if the package is coherent and try to identify possible inconsistencies and contradictions.
14:00 Welcome and introduction
- A. Marcu, Director of ERCST
14:10 Take aways from think tanks and academia on the package
- M. Mehling ERCST
- A. Zachman, Brueguel
- O. Haanpera, SITRA
14:50 Key highlights of the package and reactions from the industry
- K. Coppenholle, Cembureau
- B. Huckerstein, BASF
- W. Hemetsberger, Solar Power Europe
15:30 Coherence of the package
- P. van Kemseke, EC
- N. Torvarlds, MEP
- J. Viau, France
16:10 Q&A and Debate
16:30 Concluding remarks and end of the meeting