- This event has passed.
Preparing for the review of the EU ETS – dealing with supply-demand imbalance and review of the MSR
December 16, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This meeting is part of a series of webinars, by-invitation only, which are part of ERCST’s work stream on the revision of the EU Emission Trading System under the European Green Deal. Our aim is to bring together a group of stakeholders on a regular basis to discuss the most important issues on the table for the EU ETS revision.
This meeting will focus on how the EU ETS review should address policy overlap, supply-demand imbalances and approach the mandated review of the Market Stability Reserve. It will address questions such as:
- What is the outlook on the supply and demand of allowances in the market over the next decade?
- How should the Market Stability Reserve to be reviewed, and its appropriateness be assessed?
- What other tools can be considered? e.g.
- voluntary/mandatory cancellation of allowances;
- price-based tools such as a price floor, a price corridor, or a central carbon bank;
- governance arrangements.
This webinar will start with presentations by ERCST and invited speakers, followed by a discussion between stakeholders in roundtable setting.
Participation in this meeting is by invitation only. If you wish to participate, please send an email to Domien Vangenechten at email@example.com
This meeting is under Chatham House Rules | No press is invited