- This event has passed.
From Katowice to New York: Impact of COP 24 on EU Climate Change Policy
February 26, 2019 @ 1:45 pm - 5:30 pm
The 24th Conference of the Parties (COP) to the UNFCCC in Katowice focused on finalizing the Paris Agreement “rulebook” to operationalize the Paris Agreement itself. COP 24 resulted in decisions on nearly all of the mandated issues.
ERCST invites you to join our discussion on the outcomes and implications for the EU of COP24. The questions we will discuss include:
- Has the potential of the Paris Agreement been fulfilled?
- What impact does Katowice have on EU climate change policy?
- How will COP 24 feed into ongoing EU discussions on long-term climate strategy to be submitted to the UN?
- What can we expect from the EU and other Parties for the UN Climate Summit in September 2019?
- How do we prepare ourselves in the EU for that Summit throughout the year in a participatory manner?