Reflections on Article 6 of the Paris Agreement Post-Katowice
Date: 18 March 2019
Author(s): Andrei Marcu
This paper offers key insight into some of the pivotal issues and reflections surrounding the negotiations and outcomes of Article 6 of the Paris Agreement from the COP 24 in Katowice.
This paper reflects on the following key issues on Article 6:
- The different Katowice Texts;
- Paragraph 77(d);
- Political and technical issues;
- Which metrics are to be used for ITMOs;
- Article 6.4 First Issuance;
- Overall Mitigation and Share of Proceeds;
- Articles 6, 13 and 15;
- As well as other issues.