Policy Analyst - European Green Deal
The European Roundtable on Climate Change and Sustainable Transition (ERCST) is seeking a policy analyst to join its team in Brussels to work on climate policies under the European Green Deal.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of ERCST’s work stream on climate policies under the European Green Deal;
- Monitor and analyze relevant policy developments;
- Lead and contribute to ERCST’s research and outreach activities, including drafting background materials, co-authoring papers and reports, as well as conceptualizing and delivering stakeholder meetings;
- Contribute to the successful delivery of projects and grants;
- Maintain liaison with stakeholders such as business associations, environmental NGOs, etc.
- Organize workshops and events related to your research activities.
- At least 3 years, and potentially more, relevant professional experience;
- Expertise on EU climate change policy;
- A good understanding of the EU policymaking process;
- Native-level written and spoken English - proficiency in other languages will be considered an advantage;
- Be authorized to work and live in Belgium.
- A degree in (environmental) economics, or related discipline;
- Experience in an international environment and multi-stakeholder process;
- Be well-organized and able to pay attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a demanding environment, take initiative and solve problems while under pressure;
- Ability to internalize substantial amounts of (new) materials and think laterally;
Start date: interviews start as applications are received. Work will start as soon as possible after a suitable candidate is found.
Duration: One year contract, with the aim of extending beyond this period.
Compensation: Competitive, depending on the level of experience and background of the candidate.
Workplace: ERCST offices, Brussels.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a 1 page cover letter to the attention of Andrei Marcu to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Policy Analyst - April 2021 – first name last name” in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is Friday 30 April 2021.