Feedback paper - European Commission's proposal on a European Climate Law
Date: 30 April 2020
Author(s): Andrei Marcu and Domien Vangenechten
This position paper accompanied ERCST's response to the feedback opportunity regarding the Commission’s proposal for the European Climate Law.
In this submission, we focus on the following elements:
- The need for predictability vs. flexibility;
- The legal standing of the climate law;
- Elements missing in the climate-neutrality objective;
- The process of setting out the trajectory and inter-institutional arrangements;
- Assessment of progress and measures; and
- Enshrining the need for an enabling framework and flanking measures into law.