The European Roundtable on Climate Change and Sustainable Transition (ERCST) is seeking a new addition to our team in Brussels to support with project management and various administrative duties.
- Supports project related work:
- Serve as focal point for administrative coordination of project implementation activities, liaising with staff to initiate requests, prepare standard terms of reference against project objectives, obtain necessary clearances and follow-up on administrative actions;
- Draft correspondence, communications and presentations related to all aspects of project administration, including work plan and budgets, revisions and other related issues;
- Operates and maintains project related databases and electronic systems.
- Performs a wide range of office support, secretarial and administrative functions, including:
- Maintain internal and/or external databases and web interfaces;
- Respond and draft routine correspondence and other communications; update and maintain large distribution lists; handles arrangement for printing, editing and translation as necessary;
- Preparing purchase requests for goods and services and processing financial transactions related to the payment of vendors, individual contractors and consultants, ensuring that all necessary supporting documentation is available and following up on clearances as needed;
- Support travel arrangements, including the timely issuance of tickets, visas, and related payments;
- Perform general administrative tasks (e.g. arrangements for meetings and events, reservations, budget follow-up, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Relevant experience in an office support function, including project management support, performing administrative duties related to finance, accounting and/or human resources management.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with a strong service-oriented attitude, and capacity in multitasking, in particular in high-pressure situations and in short timeframes;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated project management skills;
- Native-level written and spoken English - proficiency in other languages will be considered an advantage;
- Be authorized to work and live in Belgium.
- Formal education/ training as secretary and/or completed training in project management with certification is an asset.;
- Experience in an international environment and multi-stakeholder process.
Start date: interviews start as applications are received. Work will start as soon as possible after a suitable candidate is found.
Duration: One year contract, with the aim of extending beyond this period.
Compensation: Competitive, depending on the level of experience and background of the candidate.
Workplace: ERCST offices, Brussels.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a 1 page cover letter to the attention of Andrei Marcu to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Administrative Assistant – April/May 2021 – first name last name” in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is May 5 2021.